Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mass of the Holy Spirit

When I attended the Mass of the Holy Spirit, I went in not knowing much about church sermons and the Catholic Church in general, so the entire experience was enlightening. There was a real sense of welcoming as you entered. I expected to feel out of place, but instead felt the warmth within the Abbey Church. The monks sang in an enchanting way that made me feel the connection the monks possess with the Lord. In spite of always seeing shows where people fall asleep in church, the Mass of the Holy Spirit was captivating. Even though I was not familiar with the hymns that were sung and the prayers said, I still understood the profound meaning they posed. The event really showed me the spirit in which Saint Martin's University represents itself on.

Fredrick Schouviller
Undecided
Class of 2014